Our mission, vision, goals...
This is not an ordinary business. Our ultimate intention goes far beyond a mere transaction, we are here to make a real difference.
To engage in meaningful, culturally appropriate, materially sustainable artisan production that supports village life through cottage industry.
To be a significant and reliable force for generating wellbeing, prosperity, and independence within the village life of San Sebastian Rio Hondo, Oaxaca.
values (behind what we do)
- A force for good: the common good
- Homemade: work at home: cottage industry
- Local economy
- Inclusion of our elders
- Village life
- Cultural traditions
- Peace and freedom
- Dignity and respect
- Harmony with nature
- Relationships of interdependence
- Inject vibrancy and foster satisfaction in village life.
- Contribute to the abundance and well-being of the families with whom we work.
- Foster supportive relationships within families, within the community and with the earth.
- Improve community health and sustainability via innovative public works.
- Promote resistance to consumerism and independence from corporations and governments.
- Grow a self-supporting business that is sustainable from the ground up.
- Create a strong and flexible organization that is resilient in the face of internal and external adversity.
- To meet the consumer desire for natural and sustainable produced products which represent their makers and support village life.
- Return profits to the village via community development initiatives focused on natural health, food sovereignty and environmental stewardship.
- Create a working model for other Oaxacan cottage industry initiatives.
- Educating the public on the toxicity of the textile industry.